Re: PostgreSQL 8.4 into lenny-backports

* Cyril Bouthors <cyril@bouthors.org> [2009-06-29 23:26:49 CEST]:
> On 29 Jun 2009, rhonda@deb.at wrote:
>
> > * Cyril Bouthors <cyb@debian.org> [2009-06-29 12:21:47 CEST]:
> >> Would you be interested in help from me to build and upload the
> >> package?
> >
> > Erm, no.
>
> OK

 Erm, that was a very bad misquote, and I seriously hope that it wasn't
done on intention. Please don't strip the context, the no wasn't about
refusing help but it was about your statement that I "already maintain
8.3/lenny-backports" which just isn't true. Let me quote myself again
for clearification:

,-------------------------------> quote <-------------------------------
`-------------------------------> quote <-------------------------------

> > Furthermore, please read the archive for the discussion about
> > discontinuation of the postgresql-8.2 packages in backports.
>
> I've been through the archive with the keywords "postgresql 8.4" only,
> sorry about that.

 I take it you found the thread yet - otherwise I can dig them up for
you if that's needed.

 Thinking about, the requests for 8.4 are there, and who knows, maybe
squeeze releases earlier than we all would expect. Given that I might be
willing to maintain 8.4 in backports - with only the explicit note that
it might get removed when 8.5 hits squeeze and 8.4 gets removed from
there. Pulling postgres from backports will always follow what's in
testing according to backports rules and will *not* maintain the package
longer than they are in squeeze.

 So long. :)
Rhonda