Re: [bpo40, bpo50] Subversion 1.5.6

Stuart Rowan wrote:
>> Michael Diers wrote, on 17/03/09 09:35:
[...]
>> Currently, I'm preparing a backport of Subversion 1.5.6 for lenny. I
>> plan to create one for etch as well.
[...]
> I noticed that squeeze has Subversion 1.5.6. Is the back-port of this
> version to Lenny likely to happen soon?

> I only ask because we've had 1.5.1 create huge (1.2+GB RAM) Apache
> processes and I'm almost at the point of building my own packages of a
> more recent Subversion just to see if that helps things along. I do
> realise that the large processes could be Apache itself, phase of the
> moon, AC/DC at fault but Subversion is first on my suspect list :-)

> Also, does anyone know the timelines for subversion 1.6.x (I just
> spotted it) into Debian?

Stu,

yes, the backport should be ready Real Soon Now. I'm successfully
running it on a lenny box as we speak.

IMHO, Subversion 1.5.5 was pretty much the first "production ready"
1.5.x release. However, I have not seen the sort of memory footprint you
describe even with 1.5.1.

Peter has already shipped Subversion 1.6.x into experimental, cf.
http://packages.debian.org/search?suite=experimental&searchon=names&keywords=subversion

Not sure about the plans for its promotion.

--
Michael Diers, Software Developer

elego Software Solutions GmbH, http://www.elego.de