Re: Why are backports of Squeeze packages in etch-backports?

I confess I haven't been following this thread closely enough, but this
isn't a new issue. We had the same problem with sarge-backports when
Etch released.

There are a bunch of threads about it in the archive, starting around
2007-04. There current policy seems to be
<http://lists.backports.org/lurker-bpo/message/20070823.160702.6b1f1165.en.html>.

So it seems (from that policy) that etch + etch-backports to lenny +
lenny-backports should work. I haven't actually checked...