Re: Why are backports of Squeeze packages in etch-backports?

On Mon, Mar 02, 2009 at 02:28:38PM +0100, Axel Beckert wrote:
> Having backports of Squeeze packages in etch-backports doesn't really
> make a dist-upgrade from Etch to Lenny easier.

I noticed the following in the Lenny Release Notes:

    4.2.5.1. Using backports.org packages

    backports.org is a semi-official repository provided by Debian GNU/Linux
    developers, which provides newer packages for the stable release, based
    on a rebuild from the packages from the “testing” archive.

    The backports.org repository mainly contains packages from “testing”,
    with reduced version numbers so that the upgrade path from etch
    backports to lenny still works.

That may have been true at the time of release, but now that squeeze
packages are going into bpo, it should probably be amended.

--
Chris