RE: Why are backports of Squeeze packages in etch-backports?

> > Then, can we agree on such a new policy *now*, so we can reference to a
> > certain mail on backports-users once squeeze is released and packages
> > from squeeze+1 get uploaded to bpo? This could avoid that we get the
> > same (of course valid) excuse again in the future. We can then finally
> > do what the backports users (me included) expect...
> That is what you expect. But if we get consense here I don't see any
> problem to have a decision now (even if it will not be valid until 2010 oder
> 2011 :))

Déjà vu :) http://lists.backports.org/lurker-bpo/thread/20070509.074502.fba346a9.en.html#20070509.074502.fba346a9

My vote would be to allow for a clean upgrade to the next Debian version.  Whatever is decided, I'd like to thank the maintainers for backports.org!

Jase