proftpd-dfsg upgrade (was: Re: Why are backports of Squeeze packages in etch-backports?)

* Francesco P. Lovergine <frankie@debian.org> [2009-03-06 12:02:10 CET]:
> While on that. Current proftpd-dfsg in bpo needs upgrading for a couple security
> issues fixed in lenny. Now, the questions:

 Do you have some reference for that? I don't see proftpd listed in
<http://security-tracker.debian.net/tracker/status/release/oldstable-backports>
nor in
<http://security-tracker.debian.net/tracker/status/release/stable-backports>?

> * who is in charge for that?

 The same person that originally injected and is expected to maintain
the package within backports, i.e. you. :)

> * is the 1.3.1-15~bpo40+1 -> 1.3.1-17lenny2~bpo40+1 (wow!) the right
>   upgrade to consider? Or a more strict sec-only upgrade should be considered?

 Yes, that is the proper upgrade to consider - you might have wanted to
upload 1.3.1-17 before it got touched by the security team anyway,
depending on the changes.

 So long, and thanks for taking care of it!
Rhonda