Re: Request backporting slapd?

 > Hello, I don't know how much effort that is (also in respect to the -
 > hopefully - near release of lenny) but could someone backport slapd
 > please. I would really like to start migrating to the new cn=config
 > backend and it seems to be fixed in #411413 - which is actually just
 > a diff of the init script as far as I can see. But given the
 > enhancements of the backend from 2.3 to 2.4 which I hear all around
 > to make 2.4 really usable with cn=config I'd be more than thankful if
 > the new version would be available thru bpo.

 > Any chance? P L E A S E :)

	I'm currently working on an openldap 2.4.10 debian 3 backport.
	The two of its dependencies -- gnutls26 and libgcrypt11 -- are
	already backported and available for download from the usual
	place (see below.)

	However, the Debhelper compatibility level for the openldap
	package is 6, while the latest debhelper available for Etch has
	the compatibility level of 5 and I'm not feel myself ready to
	switching to Lenny as of yet.  Once the debhelper 7 will be
	available for Etch, the openldap package could probably be built
	without too much hassle.

	The respective .diff.gz and .dsc, and the binary packages
	(amd64) could be obtained from the APT repository which could be
	configured as follows:

deb     http://theory.asu.ru/~ivan/mini-dinstall/ etch-backports/$(ARCH)/
deb     http://theory.asu.ru/~ivan/mini-dinstall/ etch-backports/all/
deb-src http://theory.asu.ru/~ivan/mini-dinstall/ etch-backports/source/

	(Check any Debian mirror for the corresponding .orig.tar.gz files.)

[...]