Re: Some removals of packages not available in testing

Alexander Wirt <formorer@debian.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> today I will remove the following packages which are not available in
> testing anymore:
>
> - xerces27 (removed from debian)

Please don't remove the xerces27 backport.  It's required for the
backports of xml-security-c, opensaml, and shibboleth-sp.  It's just an
older version of xerces-c2 (which is Xerces-C 2.8 instead of 2.7), which
is what's currently in testing.  I haven't backported the newer version
because there was no need for it and hence no reason to risk the
instability and go through the pain of an SONAME change.