Request for backport of apt-cacher

Hi there,

since apt-cacher 1.5.3 as provided in etch unfortuately has lots of open bugs
(for instance http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=478122)
compared to apt-cacher 1.6.4 as provided in lenny
(http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/a/apt-cacher/apt-cacher_1.6.4/changelog),
and the dependency on 'libwww-curl-perl (>= 3.12)' doesn't make it possible
to simply install lenny's version on etch via tweaked apt configuration, I'd
like to request a backport of lennys' apt-cacher to etch.

If Mark would assure me, that a dpkg -i --force-depends-version <...> is safe,
that solution would be okay, too, but I guess the dependency
on 'libwww-curl-perl (>= 3.12)' isn't there just for fun.

Thanks in advance.