Re: Status of python-urljr and python-yadis

	Hi again!

 I wasn't/am not sure if you are subscribed to the bpo-users list, so I
hope you don't mind the offlist copy.

* Fabio Tranchitella <fabio@tranchitella.it> [2008-12-16 16:36:53 CET]:
> * 2008-12-15 14:13, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> >  You did backport python-urljr and python-yadis - though these packages
> > are not found anywhere in Debian anymore, in any release? Are these
> > obsolete, are there successor packages, or should they get removed
> > because there is no support for it anymore?
>
> To be honest, I don't remember why I uploaded those two packages... they
> were probably dependencies of something else I backported. :)

 If you could find out it would be nice. If there wasn't a
reverse-dependency reason it might make sense to get them removed? At
least aptitude doesn't show any reverse-dependencies for those?

> >  Then there is qgis which at least is part of etch itself. Is there a
> > successor to this that would be able to replace the package? Can you
> > check with the Debian GIS Project team?
>
> qgis is a quite complex beast; there are similar packages, but I don't
> think that I can really suggest a "successor". What is your question about
> qgis? Would you like to upload a new version to the backports?

 Well, in fact there is no new version of qgis, the package was removed
from lenny and unstable, my question roots in wether this backport could
be considered outdated and thus should get removed because there isn't
really support for it anymore. Or do you plan to continue support these
three packages, in cases there might arise security or other relevant
updates? Even then the benefits of keeping the packages should get
judged.

 So long. :)
Rhonda