What about dist-upgrade from etch-backports to lenny ?

Hello
I read from the backports FAQ,

>A: In general, backports.org only has backports made from testing but
with reduced version numbers (apt considers ~ lower than -), therefore
the upgrade path from sarge-backports to etch is saved. However, there
are a few backports only which are made from unstable (security updates
and the following exceptions: firefox, kernel, openoffice.org, xorg).

>If you do not use one of these exceptions, you can safely upgrade to
etch. If you use one of these exceptions, set the pin-priority (see man
apt_preferences) temporarily to 1001 for all packages from etch, and you
should be able to do a safe dist-upgrade too.

Is this policy still enforced, ie if I don't use firefox, kernel, & alii
from etch-backports, I can safely upgrade to lenny without using
apt-pinning ?

Thanks

Emmanuel

--