Re: lenny-backports vs. flashplugin-nonfree

2008/9/12 Alexander Wirt <formorer@formorer.de>
Gerfried Fuchs schrieb am Freitag, den 12. September 2008:

> * Peter Mann <Peter.Mann@tuke.sk> [2008-09-12 11:18:57 CEST]:
> > when we can use lenny backports? lenny is now frozen, but maybe we can
> > backport some special packages, e.g. flashplugin-nonfree
>
>  Please read the guidelines again. When the package hits testing, the
> backport to the previous stable can be done. So when flashplugin-nonfree
> hits squeeze the backport to lenny-backports can get uploaded.
Not exactly. There is an exception for flashplugin-nonfree as this got
removed from stable and testing. But I won't create a lenny backports archive
until lenny is released.

What course of action would you recommend for a current lenny user? Manualluy downloading the package from unstable? (Adding the unstable repository is probably not a good idea if one wants to stay with lenny?)

There is a very different alternative - the flashplayer-mozilla package from debian-multimedia.org . However, it does not displace swfdec-mozilla , and removing swfdec-mozilla is impossible (aptitude tries to remove all of gnome). So one has dto disaple the swfdec plugin within Iceweasel.

--
Yours, Mikhail Ramendik