Re: PostGIS for PostgreSQL 8.3

	Hi!

* Martin Weis <martin.weis.newsadress@gmx.de> [2008-07-25 11:12:08 CEST]:
> Gerfried Fuchs schrieb:
> >  Well, technically it's still the same deal: I don't use postgis and
> > thus propably I'm not the best person to do the backport of it.
>
> Maybe you can ask the DebianGIS people, discussions are on this mailing
> list:

 I could, but why would I? Like said, I don't use it and don't have the
need for the backport of it, so my interest in that is pretty low. It
would be better if the people who in fact _are_ interested in that
backport to get active themself.

 Don't get me wrong, I'm not against a backport of postgis, far from
it..  It's just that I don't think that I should be the one to invest
time into something that isn't in my interest, and especially be told to
do so by others. I put already a lot of my spare time into tracking
issues here (see my recent lighttpd and dnsmasq uploads to fix pending
security issues in etch-backports) and rather invest my time into
tracking those things more properly than in adding
another package to the ones I backport and track myself.

 So long, hope someone interested can be found. :)
Rhonda