PostGIS for PostgreSQL 8.3

Dear List,

After a quick look through the archives, I found just the following thread with this closing message:

http://lists.backports.org/lurker-bpo/message/20080218.131320.68ba09e9.en.html

PostgreSQL 8.3 is in backports in the meantime, I am using it successfully in production - the only thing to make the world a little more perfect would be a suitable postgis version...

Is there a possibility to get postgis as an Debian-Package fitting to the postgreSQL version? My knowledge of debian packages ends with the use of aptitude respectively aptitude help...

It would be a very good thing, it completes so to say the featureset of postgreSQL...not only for me, also for other users of postgreSQL (see the thread quoted above...)

A big thanks in advance!

Albin

** Albin Blaschka, Mag. rer. nat.
**
** HBLFA Raumberg - Gumpenstein
** Projektmanagement & Support
** Tel.: ++43 (0)3682 / 22451 - 244
** For the creation of this message 100% recycled electrons were used!