contribute page

Hi,

I know I was not quick to upload fixed package ... I was having fun
playing with pbuilder (See #398404).

Here is my comment on http://backports.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=contribute

In Basic Rules, I see:
reconsider if the package can be installed directly from testing without
any recompilation and handled via pinning

Change to:
reconsider if the package can be installed directly from testing without
any recompilation and handled via pinning (except when DSA team
requesting)

In Additinally, I see:
Do not convert a package to a lower debhelper version for creating the
backport, debhelper 5 is already on backports.org, just use it.

But as I see in
http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=debhelper&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all

Package debhelper

    * sarge (oldstable) (devel): helper programs for debian/rules
      4.2.32: all
    * sarge-backports (devel): helper programs for debian/rules
      5.0.40~bpo.1 [backports]: all
    * etch (stable) (devel): helper programs for debian/rules
      5.0.42: all
    * etch-m68k (devel): helper programs for debian/rules
      5.0.42: all
    * lenny (testing) (devel): helper programs for debian/rules
      7.0.10: all
    * sid (unstable) (devel): helper programs for debian/rules
      7.0.13: all

There is no etch-backports for debhelper 7.  What is our strategy for coping
with debhelper 7?  We should address “etch-backports” as our current distribution.

(If we recommend installing testing one to compile so, we should clearly indicate it.)

I think it will be nice to have clearly defined package dependency as example
/etc/apt/sources.list and /etc/apt/preferences.

Then I can add to pbuilder : /etc/apt/sources.list
deb @@@MIRRORSITE@@@                stable                 @@@COMPONENTS@@@
deb @@@MIRRORSITE@@@                testing                @@@COMPONENTS@@@
deb http://security.debian.org/     stable/updates         @@@COMPONENTS@@@
deb http://www.backports.org/debian @@@stable@@@-backports @@@COMPONENTS@@@

and /etc/apt/preferences:

Package: <a package to be installed from backports>
Pin: release a=@@@stable@@@-backports
Pin-Priority: 900

Package: <another package to be installed from testing>
Pin: release a=testing
Pin-Priority: 900

Package: *
Pin: release a=@@@stable@@@-backports