Re: Subversion 1.4.6 backport ?

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 06:01:00PM +0100, Stuart Rowan wrote:
> There seem to be a fair few changes to this package that should improve its
> stability and prevent repository corruption:
> http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/tags/1.4.6/CHANGES
...snips...
> Anyway I just thought I'd see if there was potential for one of the
> backports keyring members doing this before I started work on it myself. It
> seems at least the libneon27 and db4.6 dependencies will either need
> backporting or changing to those provided by Etch.

I'd be interested in it as a user since I use FSFS.  Some of the other
changes since 1.4.2 look useful too.

I'd like to have it built against Etch libneon26 and libdb4.4 if it
seems to work with them, so that it remains Etch-like.  I usually find
that if something builds OK with Etch libs, it will usually work with
them as ./configure sorts it out, or at worst an autoupdate :)
Of course libneon27 and DB4.6 might prove essential (or might be worth
porting in themselves naturally :-))

> Thanks to all of you, particularly Alex Wirt, for the great service
> provided by backports.org.

Yes definitely.

Nick
--