Re: [wnpp] removal of postgresql-8.2 has been requested!

Gerfried Fuchs schrieb am Thursday, den 29. May 2008:

Hi,

> * WNPP Monitor <lucas@debian.org> [2008-05-29 08:04:36 CEST]:
> > The removal of the postgresql-8.2 package in Debian has been requested.
> >
> > For more information, please read
> > <http://bugs.debian.org/483405>
>
>  That means that there won't be any further update to the postgresql-8.2
> package in etch-backports. If you still use it, please upgrade to the
> postgresql-8.3 package. slony1 in backports already uses postgresql-8.3
> so there shouldn't be much of a reason to not switch.
In that case I announce the upcoming removal of postgresql-8.2 from
backports.org. For everybody who already installed 8.2 nothing will be
changed and for new installations 8.3 should be used. I recommend the upgrade
to 8.3 as soon as possible.

Alex