Re: submitting backported ntfs-3g ?

On Wednesday 03 January 2007 00:18, Daniel Baumann wrote:

> > Is there anything I should change to satisfy bpo requirements? Should I
> > install the exact debian version of libc6 ? ("aptitude upgrade" won't
> > install it but an express "aptitude install libc6" apparently will).
> > Should I downgrade debhelper and/or pkg-config to sarge versions?
>
> do you know how to build debian packages?

Well... I read the New Manitainer's Guide, but that's about it. Time for me to
learn more probably :)

As I re-read it - it does mention pbuilder but with no details.

> you always build them in a chroot, e.g. with pbuilder or other tools.

I really do need to learn more... Is there a *useful* howto on pbuilder? All I
found for now is http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer/software/pbuilder.html . It
does not mention the single most important question - how do I control which
packages and from which repos are in the pbuilder chroot?

> > I would really NOT like to have to test with sarge versions of
> > fuse-related packages. The maintainer probably knew what he was doing.
>
> just ask Adam, he's a friendly person :) maybe he will even provide the
> backport himself.

Good point. I'll write to him. Of course it would be really cool if he did the
backport - I'm not experienced enough really; but if he won't then one has to
start somewhere.

--
Yours, Mikhail Ramendik