Re: Contribute Docs - Howto for package building?

Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
* Olaf van der Spek <Olaf@XWIS.Net> [2007-12-13 15:09:18 CET]:
At http://backports.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=contribute I can't find a howto for package building (in the case of backports).
A link to the Debian docs would be very nice.

 As the rule is that only registered Debian Developers can get their
keys added for direct upload rights and others require a sponsor for
that it's not much gain. Especially since it breaks down in most cases
to "dch --bpo" and {p,cow}builder in a stable chroot. Of course, testing
shouldn't be ignored, neither build log reading.

 The Debian docs would be misleading mostly, because you don't build the
package from scratch.

I was thinking about users wanting to do their own (private) backports.

The procedure is quite simple but I haven't found a simple step-by-step guide for it yet.

Please CC me, I'm not on the list.

 If you think about contributing you should consider subscribing...

I'm not an experienced packager, so apparently I can't.

Olaf