Re: gnuplot 4.2 backport request

MARIENFELD, Stefan wrote:

> Hallo all,
>
> are there any plans to backport gnuplot 4.2 to 'etch'? The reason is
> that version 4.2 supports histograms. If not, could anyone please give
> me a hint to a backporting howto from testing to stable?
>
> Any help would be appreciated!

Hi

I have made a backport of gnuplot package upon your request. The source of
gnuplot 4.2.2-1 just compiles cleanly on Etch. I have kept the packages at
http://kamaraju.googlepages.com/backport_of_gnuplot_for_etch.html

But to my dismay, I found out that most of the links are not working. It is
most likely a bug in googlepages. I have already uploaded the files to the
above website but the links are not working except for
gnuplot_4.2.2.orig.tar.gz . If there is some place where the package can be
uploaded/emailed, I would be glad to give you the packages.

regards
raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi