Re: Request backport of Bacula 2 for etch?

Jan Wagner wrote:
> On Friday 14 September 2007 11:52, Sven Hartge wrote:

>> disabling the debug_level check in src/lib/daemon.c (very crude hack, I
>> know) and it works as well as expected.

> maybe if your solution works well, you want to provide a patch to the package
> maintainer?

No. This is no solution, but a mere "würgaround" (german, meaning:
workaround, which makes you want to vomit) because it totally breaks the
debugging feature, as any debug output will be redirected to /dev/null.

If John wants to include this workaround, sufficient instructions are
already given in the bugreport #441621 but I strongly recommend to not
apply this to the package for Debian.

I was just desperate to get 2.2.3 to work and to be able to upgrade the
clients without having to use <CR>~. to terminate every connection (with
over 60 servers this gets annoying after some machines).

Grüße,
Sven

--
Sven Hartge -- professioneller Unix-Geek
Meine Gedanken im Netz: http://www.svenhartge.de/