Re: Can not upgrade clamav

Hello,

Sebastian Harl wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 06, 2007 at 09:06:14PM +0200, Andras Galos wrote:
>> I see clamav 0.91.1-1~bpo.2 at
>> http://backports.org/debian/pool/main/c/clamav/, but can not upgrade my
>> 0.90.1-3etch4 packages to the new one.
>
> What is your exact problem? Any error messages?

No error messages, only the situation, that previously when new backported packages were available, I could upgrade them using aptitude, all the clamav packages were upgradeable. Now only the clamav-base and the clamav-testfiles packages want to upgrade. clamav-daemon or the others do not.

If I list clamav-base I see with aptitude:
  --\ Versions
p A  0.90.1-2
i A  0.90.1-3etch4
p A  0.91.1-1~bpo.2

But if I list clamav-daemon:
  --\ Versions
p    0.90.1-2
i    0.90.1-3etch4

The newest backported version is missing from this list. Probably this is why aptitude can not upgrade clamav-daemon and the other clamav packages.

>> If I run `aptitude upgrade -t etch-backports clamav` only clamav-base
>> and clamav-testfiles would upgrade.
>
> Have you tried "aptitude install -t etch-backports clamav"?

Yes, this is the output:

# aptitude install -t etch-backports clamav
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
Reading task descriptions... Done
Building tag database... Done
  clamav-base clamav-testfiles linux-image-2.6-686 logcheck
  logcheck-database logtail mdadm mutt nagios-plugins-basic
  nagios-plugins-standard
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 10 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 0B will be used.
Writing extended state information... Done

Although I have pinning for all the clamav packages in /etc/apt/preferences:

Package: clamav-daemon
Pin: release a=etch-backports
Pin-Priority: 999

Package: clamav