Re: Can't use MySQL 5.x Client with PHP 5.x

> Hi,
>
>> This is my first mail to this
mailinglist and my last hope.
>> I looking for a solution for
my "problem" since a very long time
>> but I don't
get it.

>> I've installed PHP 5 and Mysql 5
(Client
>> and Server) but PHP uses still the 4x client...
What can I do to solve
>> that problem?

You need to build PHP yourself and link it against libmysqlclient.so.15.

> This will happen if you install libmysqlclient15-dev >= 5.0
and then
> dpkg-buildpackage the PHP5 source package.
>

>> My second problem is that I want to use mysqli
>> and I saw backports.org doesn't offer this PHP-module. Can
anybody tell
>> me
>> what I can or where can I
get it?

> It's packaged in php5-mysql since 5.2.0-1.
Since you have that
> installed, you should have
/usr/lib/php5/20060613/mysqli.so.

> Best regards,
>
> Martijn Grendelman

Hi Martijn,

First of all thanks a lot for your help! :)

> You need to build PHP yourself and link it against
libmysqlclient.so.15.
> This will happen if you install
libmysqlclient15-dev >= 5.0 and then
> dpkg-buildpackage the
PHP5 source package.

Is there no way to use the great
realease of php5 of backports.org? PHP 5 works very nice now and if there
is any other way I would let it be to compiling around. What I need is the
same version of PHP 5 like backports.org's but with MySQL 5 support. So it
would be easier to keep it up to date without compiling it every time
again.

mysqli:
I've installed php5-mysql (5.2.0-8~bpo.2)
but I really can't found the file mysqli.so on the whole system (even not
in /usr/lib/php5/20060613/). I've reinstalled php5-mysql to be really sure
with "apt-get --reinstall install php5-mysql" but that didn't
helps :( What's my fault?

Greets and best regards,
Andy