Re: Build-dependencies of backports, and searching the list archive is broken

also sprach Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> [2006.07.06.1624 +0200]:
> I'm using pbuilder, and I really do *not* want to log into a sarge
> pbuilder chroot and install the needed packages from bpo manually before
> building the package.

I use a hook for this, which gives me a shell at the right time.

D99shell:

#!/bin/bash -eu

PROMPT='do you want to spawn a shell [y/N]? '
TIMEOUT=${SHELL_TIMEOUT:-30}

echo
echo
read -p"$PROMPT" -t$TIMEOUT -n1 ans < /dev/tty > /dev/tty || echo -n timeout.
echo

case "$ans" in
  y*|Y|j*|J*|t*|T*|1)
    /bin/bash --login -i < /dev/tty &> /dev/tty
    rm -f /root/.bash_history /root/.bash.prompt
    ;;
  *) :;;
esac

spamtraps: madduck.bogus@madduck.net

"sometimes we sit and read other people's interpretations of our
 lyrics and think, 'hey, that's pretty good.' if we liked it, we would
 keep our mouths shut and just accept the credit as if it was what we
 meant all along."
                                                        -- john lennon