Re: How do I install X headers?

Mikkel Mastrup Jensen <mikkelmastrup@hotmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> I installed X.org from backports as the
> first thing on my new system by typing "apt-get -t sarge-backports
> install x-window-server". Gnome (and X in general) runs fine, but when
> trying to install e17 (Enlightenment) from cvs I get this error:

> > checking for X11/X.h... no
> > configure: error: Cannot find X headers and libraries.

> I've been told I need to install X headers to fix it, but the list of
> packages on http://backports.org/debian/pool/main/x/xorg-x11/ is just so
> large, I'm not sure which one (or more) I need to apt-get...
[...]

1. Go to http://packages.debian.org/
2. Scroll down to the bottom of the page
3. Enter X11/X.h as "keyword"
4. Select distribution testing. (because backports.org features
packages backported from testing)
5. Klick on [Search]
6. Be happy.

cu andreas
--
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire,
and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.