Re: Accepted ocp 1:0.1.11-1~bpo1 (source i386 all)

Daniel Baumann <daniel@debian.org> wrote:

> Guerkan,
>
> as you know, etch is currently frozen, so no testing automatic
> migration. However, this doesn't mean you should upload now any package
> of unstable directly to backports.
>
> Please wait at least until the regular testing migration would have
> happened, here with ocp in 6 days.

I think the requirements for uploading to bpo now that etch is frozen
should be discussed and made more explicit.

At least the requirement should be "old enough and no other reasons not
to migrate to etch, except the freeze": E.g. a package with RC bugs
should not be uploaded to bpo.

However, I'd generally prefer not to have any sid versions on bpo
(except security uploads), because I want to switch to etch, initially
without backports, when it's released, and not have a mixture of etch
plus an arbitrary version that used to be on sid somewhen.

Thanks for considering,
Frank
--
Dr. Frank Küster