Re: Please rebuild exim4 with libdb4.2-dev

Um 19:23 Uhr am 20.09.06 schrieb Andreas Metzler:
> Sven Hartge <sven@svenhartge.de> wrote:

>> This is just a minor but still annoying fault, because it fills the
>> logfile with error messages.

> No idea how this could happen, the backport's exim4-base.postinst
> (identical to the unstable version) tries to make sure that all hints
> are zapped on this upgrade, first by a version check and secondly by
> checking whether exim_dumpdb can read the files.

I discovered the source of the problem: an interrupted update.

Somehow one of my collegues interrupted the update, so the the new
binaries were already installed but the cleanup by the exim4-base.postinst
was not run.

After a "dpkg --configure -a" everything is back to normal.

Sorry for the noise.

S°

--
Sven Hartge -- professioneller Unix-Geek
Meine Gedanken im Netz: http://www.svenhartge.de/