samba backport for mipsel

Just wondering why there is no samba 3.0.22 backport available for mipsel?
I've running Samba as PDC on my Buffalo Linkstation2 until recently I'm
getting quite a few logon problem (nmbd failed/sigfault). I've search around
for any update on samba package but couldn't find any and I don't want to go
for 'test' distribution since it is unstable on Linkstation2. Is it easy to
recompile the binary myself? I saw that samba has 3.0.23c on their official
website now.