Re: schroot backport

Johannes Ranke <jranke@uni-bremen.de> writes:

> dchroot in sarge is not working correctly for me, so I was looking for
> a backport of schroot, which replaces it (see e.g. the debian amd64
> howto). On backports.debian.org, only a powerpc deb is available for
> schroot_1.0.1
>
> 	http://www.backports.org/debian/pool/main/s/schroot/
>
> This might be related to but #367885 (schroot: FTBFS for
> sarge-backports, all archs)?

Yes.  I built the powerpc deb myself; the other architectures need a
manual build due to that bug in the build infrastructure.  There's not
much I can do to help there, I'm afraid.

> Now, it seems that the problem has been solved by closing #344447
> (security/pam_client.h: Redefinition of internal libc/libstdc++ types
> breaks unrelated software).
>
> So I backported pam-0.79-3 from unstable (build dependency of schroot
> 1.0.2-1 is libpam0g-dev (>= 0.79-3.1), current version in b.o is
> 0.79-2), and installed the other build dependencies from b.o. Then,
> dpkg-buildpackage complained about liblockdev1-dev, so I changed
> its build dependency from liblockdev1-dev (>= 1.0.2-1) to
> liblockdev1-dev (>= 1.0.2-1~bpo1), and then compiled.

What was the error dpkg-buildpackage displayed?  It built successfully
on all architectures, but amd64 is missing:

http://experimental.ftbfs.de/build.php?arch=&pkg=lockdev

> You can find the (experimental) result here
>
> 	deb http://www.uft.uni-bremen.de/chemie/ranke/debs ./

Cool, thanks for letting me know.  You have built them correctly, so
they should work fine.  Hopefully in the future we can get it all done
automatically.  Once etch is released, it will at least come as
standard!

Regards,
Roger

--