schroot backport

Hi all,

dchroot in sarge is not working correctly for me, so I was looking for
a backport of schroot, which replaces it (see e.g. the debian amd64
howto). On backports.debian.org, only a powerpc deb is available for
schroot_1.0.1

	http://www.backports.org/debian/pool/main/s/schroot/

This might be related to but #367885 (schroot: FTBFS for
sarge-backports, all archs)?

Now, it seems that the problem has been solved by closing #344447
(security/pam_client.h: Redefinition of internal libc/libstdc++ types
breaks unrelated software).

So I backported pam-0.79-3 from unstable (build dependency of schroot
1.0.2-1 is libpam0g-dev (>= 0.79-3.1), current version in b.o is
0.79-2), and installed the other build dependencies from b.o. Then,
dpkg-buildpackage complained about liblockdev1-dev, so I changed
its build dependency from liblockdev1-dev (>= 1.0.2-1) to
liblockdev1-dev (>= 1.0.2-1~bpo1), and then compiled.

This took a lot of CPU, maybe I ran short of RAM because of my WinXP
VM in xen 3.0.2 :)

You can find the (experimental) result here

	deb http://www.uft.uni-bremen.de/chemie/ranke/debs ./

I have not done any backporting before, so if you do, use the packages
at your own risk! I guess, we will see schroot packages on backports.org
soon, but I didn't want to wait, since I need the software in my ia32
chroot.

Best,

Johannes

P.S.: I would be glad to learn, if I did something wrong here.