Re: now requesting help as well... :-)

On Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 11:55:53AM +0200, Martin Reising wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 11:25:07AM +0200, Alexander W. Janssen wrote:
> > Aye, "apt-get -t sarge-backports openoffice.org" should do the trick; it
> > doesn't though. Apparently the new openoffice.org-packages depend on a
> > Java-package which doesn't exists in the repository.
>
> aptitude install java-package
> less /usr/share/doc/java-package/README.Debian
>
> should enlight you.

Thanks a lot, that really helped.

Maybe put a hint into the not-yet-existing FAQ? I guess I'm not the only one
with that problem.

> Nicht Absicht unterstellen, wenn auch Dummheit ausreicht!

=> following that principle would spare me a lot of a hassle when dealing with
users and managers... ;-)

Cheers, Alex.

--
"I am tired of all this sort of thing called science here... We have spent
millions in that sort of thing for the last few years, and it is time it