Re: Useless PHP backports

Hi
(keeping Peter in cc as I believe he's not subscribed here)

> These specific three backports can be removed anyway. Sebastian Harl
> backported kolab once, where these three packages are dependencies for.
> However, the kolab backport never made it into the archive, because
> Steffen Joeris came up with doubts about the general packaging state of
> the Debian packages (he considers them to be not ready for endusers),
> which makes the backporting useless (in his opinion).

Just a small correction, I believe that the packages are ready for users, but
it takes some effort and knowledge to configure and use them, nevertheless
there are some issues (e.g. postfix patch, bootstrap script, ...) which where
not known by the backporters (I specifically asked them) and therefore I
considered that it was not useful to integrate them and I guess we should at
first work on the etch packages which still need some work to sort these
remaining issues out.

Cheers
Steffen