Re: etch or sid? (Was: Evince backport proposal)

Sylvain Beucler wrote:
> When I needed to install OOo2.0.2 [...]

Again, ooo is a special case in any situation. Don't use exceptions to
consolidate your argumentation.

> Incidentally, do you think it would be good to document this bpo
> 'policy' on the official page?

As I wrote to the list previously, I don't have the permissions required
to update the page myself. Therefore, and also because those backporting
practises are 'common knowledge' to those who make backports and were
not yet written down previously, I collected them at
wiki.debian.org/Backports.