Re: Backports - Best practise (or something similar)

Daniel Baumann <daniel.baumann@panthera-systems.net> wrote:

>> Hm, I would like to avoid a situation where I need to keep separate
>> build environments up-to-date, one for each source package that I
>> regularly backport, with only the specifically needed backports manually
>> installed, otherwise no backports.org in the sources.list (or pinned
>> down so that it won't be used).  I'd rather have one backports.org
>> tarball which I use with pbuilder for all builds targetted at
>> backports.org.
>
> I personally don't mind the 'more work' to backport every package from
> it's 'specific' chroot (i don't use pbuilder), as I reset it to plain
> sarge after every package anyways. As I use the backports I make myself,
> I absolutely don't want any additional backports on the system which are
> not needed, otherwise, frankly said, I could go for etch :)

Hm, you are right - it seems that I'm in fact not acting differently.
If I'd find out that a package that I backport would require more
packages from backports.org than I already use, I'd change that.  I just
didn't care about xorg, since I use it anyway.  I should have cared.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Debian Developer (teTeX)