Re: backports from acidbase and cfengine2

Hi

At first I would like to thank all backporters for their great work.
It is really important to keep things up to date and to provide stable and
tested backports.
But please allow me one remark. We are getting a lot of backports.
I would also help to integrate them into backports.org (I am not yet a DD so i
am not an active *sponsor*, sorry), but sometimes I think *why* do people
want to have them at backports.org.
Please don't get me wrong, all of you are doing a great job, but having
packages at bpo just to backports something isn't useful.
So can you please add some reasons about why to include this backports into
backports.org archive? For instance the -v option of dpkg-buildpackage is
very useful and should be a standard for backporters, to reflect the changes.
So for example although I really like cfengine2 and I am using it for the
development of Debian-Edu/Skolelinux why do we need a backport for sarge?
There might be some reasons which I don't know, so please inform me don't take
it as a criticism, but keep it as good standard to add some reasons for a
backport and please don't backport just because you want to have a
backport :)

Greetings
Steffen