Re: "Backports" of Arch: all packages welcome?

Joerg Jaspert <joerg@ganneff.de> wrote:

> On 10571 March 1977, Frank Küster wrote:
>
>> The particular example why I'm asking is auctex - you can't build it on
>> a clean sarge system, but you can install the etch version on sarge
>> without problems.  Should I upload it to backports.org?
>
> No, bpo is autobuild and it needs to be able to build in sarge + bpo only!

auctex can be built in sarge + bpo (just not in pure sarge), and if
other packages are needed in the future, we could add these to bpo.

The real question is whether such arch: all packages should be included
in bpo at all.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster