Re: kernel 2.6.15 compile extra modules needs gcc-4.0????

* Brian Brunswick wrote:
> On 15/02/06, Norbert Tretkowski <norbert@tretkowski.de> wrote:
> > * Brian Brunswick wrote:
> > > I get the warning "invalid module format" when trying to load
> > > the module, which is because the kernel was built with gcc-4.0,
> > > and the module was not.
> >
> > Which kernel (name of the package and version) are you running? I
> > used gcc-3.3 to build the kernel packages. The compiler used to
> > build the running kernel is listed in /proc/version btw.
>
> Yes! Thats found the problem. Theres been some sort of apt pinning
> disaster and the packages have come from unstable :-(
>
> (or maybe confusion over the backports being called kernel-image and
> the unstable ones being linux-image.)

There's no difference in the package names, unstable and backports.org
have the new linux-image-foo packages which contains the kernel and
the modules, and the transitional kernel-image-foo packages, which are
empty, but have a dependency on the linux-image-foo packages.

                Norbert