Re: Backport of smartmontools

On Fri, Feb 10, 2006 at 01:05:55PM +0100, Steffen Joeris wrote:
> I have backported it, but IMHO I have no time to test it carefully.
> Please install it and test it and send me your test results.
[...]
> http://developer.skolelinux.no/~white/debs/backports/smartmontools/

I don't have any failing disks to test on, but I installed this package
on one of my machines on Friday and can confirm that the scheduled
self-tests I have requested with the -s smartd.conf directive are still
taking place as expected.  (And I haven't noticed any issues or problems
with the backport since installing it.)

							Nathan

Nathan Stratton Treadway  -  nathanst@ontko.com  -  Mid-Atlantic region
Ray Ontko & Co.  -  Software consulting services  -   http://www.ontko.com/
 GPG Key: http://www.ontko.com/~nathanst/gpg_key.txt   ID: 1023D/ECFB6239
 Key fingerprint = 6AD8 485E 20B9 5C71 231C  0C32 15F3 ADCD ECFB 6239