Trouble with kernel 2.6.15

Hi,

I'm using the linux kernel backport from www.backports.org, and each
time I update the kernel the raid controller goes offline, having to
reboot the machine.

The machine is a Dell PowerEdge with a PERC3 raid controller
(aacraid).

I guess the controller goes offline when doing the initrd with yaird,
so maybe some sysfs poking by yaird is the cause. This seems very
bizarre.

The bug is reproducible 100%, just do a dpkg-reconfigure
linux-image-2.6.15-1-686-smp and I get:

sd 0:0:0:0: rejecting I/O to offline device

Any clue?

Regards,

Emilio

p.d: I've searched the bts and google without any success. However
there are lots of reports of the aacraid driver going offline, in lots
of different kernels.

p.p.d: I can file a bug if you tell me so, but my understanding is
that backports are not supported.