Re: Accepted clamav 0.88-1bpo1 (source all i386)

* Betr.: " Re: Accepted clamav 0.88-1bpo1 (source all i386)" (Wed, 11
Jan 2006 08:52:31 +0100):

Hi Paul, hi Norbert,

> Okay, but did you check the permissions and stuff?
> Did you compare the init-scripts? There might be changes.

Got following answer from the maintainer, Stephen Gran:

> This is a problem that has been corrected within Debian.  It was a bug
> in the dependencies (there was no versioned dependency) that made it
> harder to backport clamav for places like backports.org.  It would
> have been nice if they had noticed, but these things happen.
>
> I have no idea off hand who coordinates backports.org, but I would
> suggest contacting them with this information.  If you want to run the
> latest upstream of clamav with packaging that I know works on sarge,
> try the packages from volatile.debian.net.  I maintain those with the
> sarge packaging precisely to avoid problems brought about by the
> changing nature of unstable (where backports pull the packages from).

Installed the clamav packages from volatile and indeed, they are
running fine: included is the init script from 0.85.1...;-)

Now I am still wondering, if I am really the only user having the
described problems with clamav-freshclam from backports.org?

Thanks for your input and work,
Mathias