Re: Postgresql 8.1 Backport Bug...

Jesse Sightler wrote:

Hi All,

I've just installed the Postgresql 8.1 backport on a Debian sarge system for the first time. I immediately shut it down and changed the database location to our standard location and restarted.

It seems that whenever I try to run " postgresql-8.1 reload" or "postgresql-8.1 stop" it fails as it is unable to find the pid file.

he does not find the pid file, because he is not running. it seems to me that it crashes at start, see the logs /var/log/postgresql/postgresql-8.1.log (i think) and messages for the reason, or, if it is necessary, change the logging in /etc/postgresql

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks,
Jess

Os Mesus Melhores  Cumprimentos