Kate: Newest Version of Gimp Installed, Tests in Progress

Ok 2.2.9 installed. However, libgimp2.0-dev depends on libgtk2.0-dev (>=
2.4.4-1). How important is it to have libgimp2.0-dev installed? I usually
install all the devs packages associated with an app for safe measure because
I compile a lot of my own stuff.

The gimp proved to be too much for me being depended on gtk+2.4.4 or better,
which in turn needed even more packages. Which makes me appreciate all the
more, the work all of you do at BackPorts, so thanks there.

If I install gtk+2.4.4 what other packages will I need?
I checked BP and couldn't find libgtk2.0-dev.

Clearly because it isn't really important, please don't go nuts over it.

I'll test GIMP 2.2.9 over the next week and get back to you regarding its
performance either way.

Recently I've disovered devs aren't thanked enough.

So, thank you for your time,

Kate