Re: Backports of Asterisk 1.2.1 to sarge

* michael wrote:
> I've managed to do a quick and dirty backport of the Asterisk 1.2.1
> packages from unstable to sarge (on i386), all that really was
> involved was recompiling them (after incrementing the version
> number, and putting my name there so things are signed with my PGP
> key).

I remember some (Alexander?) already mentioned that he has an asterisk
backport ready.

> At the moment they've got my odd version numbering on them (for lack
> of a proper HOWTO).

The problem with your version number is, that it's greater than the
versionnumber of the package in sid.

Package in sid has 1:1.2.1.dfsg-1, so the correct version number for
the backport is 1:1.2.1.dfsg-0bpo1.

> Any pointers after this about submitting them?

If you're a Debian developer, fix the version number and the
distribution (should be sarge-backports), and upload it via ftp to
incoming.backports.org.

If you aren't a Debian developer, fix the version number and the
distribution, upload the package somewhere and ping me again.

Norbert