Re: casarest?

Hi Vince,

most of the packages related to radio astronomy were initially created
by a cooperation with the "kernsuite", which is by packaging radio
astronomy tools for Ubuntu. So far, this resulted in a number of the
basic packages in Debian Astro, see

https://blends.debian.org/astro/tasks/radioastronomy

Other packages are on a wishlist, but we still lack of volunteers to
actually do the packaging.  Specifically for casarest, there is already
a package available on the kernsuite,

https://github.com/kernsuite-debian/casarest

For Debian, this package would probably just need some final polishing
-- completing and reviewing the copyright+license situation, completing
descriptions etc, so the amount of work is not too big here.

Maybe you would be interested in doing the last steps? To bring this
into Debian Astro, I would happily help if you run into problems or have
questions.

Best regards

Ole