Re: backport python-astropy for jessie?

> On Jan 25, 2017, at 3:55 PM, Leo P. Singer <leo.singer@ligo.org> wrote:
>
>> On Jan 25, 2017, at 3:48 PM, Leo P. Singer <leo.singer@ligo.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Now I am getting a *real* build failure:
>>
>> astropy/wcs/src/wcslib_wrap.c: In function '_setup_wcsprm_type':
>> astropy/wcs/src/wcslib_wrap.c:3492:14: error: 'WCSHDO_P12' undeclared (first use in this function)
>>    CONSTANT(WCSHDO_P12)       ||
>>             ^
>> astropy/wcs/src/wcslib_wrap.c:3423:52: note: in definition of macro 'CONSTANT'
>> #define CONSTANT(a) PyModule_AddIntConstant(m, #a, a)
>
> ...which is because the minimum version of wcslib-dev was underspecified in python-astropy_1.2.1-1. It actually required at least wcslib 5.14. See this commit:
>
> https://github.com/astropy/astropy/commit/77511225700673bfd7b741cfea143806580d95e0

Hi Ole,

TL;DR: Success! What do I do next to submit a jessie-backport of python-astropy?

I successfully built backports for python-astropy and all its dependencies. After my signature below are the latest local changelog entries from all of the packages that I had to rebuild. Wherever the changelog says only "Rebuild for jessie-backports", that means that there were no changes necessary to the sources.

How does this look? As you can see, the only package for which I started from a release that is not the latest in sid, and the only package for which I had to make any changes to the source, was python-astropy itself.

What should I do next? What is the protocol for actually pushing these backports? Should I put the full jessie branches somewhere for review? If so, where? Should I contact each of the maintainers? Anything else to think of?

Thanks,
Leo

giza (0.9.4-3~bpo8+1) jessie-backports; urgency=medium

  * Rebuild for jessie-backports.

wcslib (5.16-1~bpo8+1) jessie-backports; urgency=medium

  * Rebuild for jessie-backports.

erfa (1.3.0-2~bpo8+1) jessie-backports; urgency=medium

  * Rebuild for jessie-backports.

python-astropy-helpers (1.3-2~bpo8+1) jessie-backports; urgency=medium

  * Rebuild for jessie-backports.

python-astropy (1.2.1-1~bpo8+1) jessie-backports; urgency=medium

  * Rebuild for jessie-backports.
  * Remove python-astropy-doc because pybuild does not support
    sphinxdoc on jessie.
  * Depend on wcslib-dev (>= 5.14) due to missing macro definitions
    in earlier versions.