Help setting up Debian Astro

Hello! I'm an astronomy undergrad from Chile who's really interested on using and sharing DebianAstro, i was looking for a distro to replace fedora (kept crashing) and found this lovely project.
To be honest i started writing this mail because i was having difficulties when installing Debian on my machine, but thankfully the stretch release worked and had the DebianAstro option so i guess i'll just take the opportunity and say thank you.
Hopefully everything works fine , and hopefully someday i'll have the tools to contribute to this project.

Best regards ,

Cristobal Moya.

Ps :
Markus on the IRC keeps ignoring me.