Re: Ginga and fonts-roboto-unhinted

Yannick Roehlly <yannick.roehlly@gmail.com> writes:
> Thanks for packaging ginga.  Why did you make it depends on fonts-roboto-
> unhinted?

The font is a dependency since it is included in the upstream source,
and I replaced it with the dependency.

> Some other package depends on the hinted version (e.g. texlive-
> fonts-extra) which render the packages not both installable.

Do they conflict?

> Is it possible to make it depends on the hinted or the unhinted version of
> the font?

I can change this; however I am not experienced with the fonts and do
not know what the difference is (I know what a hinted and an unhinted
font is; however I have no idea why one would choose the unhinted
version, and why it is packaged in Debian).

Best regards

Ole