Re: Request for NEAT packaging review

Hi Roger,

Roger Wesson <rw@nebulousresearch.org> writes:
> Having just released a new version upstream, I have also uploaded new
> packaging files ready for review.  I made changes upstream to make
> packaging easier and avoid patches - examples are now installed to the
> correct directory.

Almost everything is fine now. I'd ask you for just two changes: Please
make the shell script /usr/share/neat/plot.sh executable, and update
Standards-Version to 3.9.8 (which is the current version now). Both were
Lintian warnings from

$ lintian /var/cache/pbuilder/result/neat_2.0-1_amd64.changes

After that, the package is ready for upload.

Your git repository is rather unusal in that the master branch does not
contain the upstream sources any longer. Usually, the master branch
holds them as welll. Would you kind doing a "git merge upstream"? The
conflicts then arise from the previous removal of the upstream files and
can just be resolved with "git add . ; git commit". After you update the
"upstream" branch next time, you can then just do a "git merge upstream"
in the master branch.

Best regards

Ole