Re: Status of Debian-Astro compared to others

Benda Xu <heroxbd@gentoo.org> writes:
> Ole Streicher <olebole@debian.org> writes:
>> I created a few pages that show where we are compared to other
>> distributions and packaging attempts:
>  "by the Space Telescope Science Institute (STScI) in Baltimore"
>          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ corrupted hyperlink

Looks like the html generator has a problem here. I'll check.

> Are these pages automatically updated?  It is very useful to keep them
> up-to-date with the external projects.  But I can imagine maintaining
> them manually is quite time-consuming.

Currently, I did this by hand; if someone writes a gatherer for the
package list, it can be half-automated. I'd be happy to include them.
However, there is always some human supervision needed, since the
package names (and sometimes the content) differ between the
distributions.

Cheers

Ole