Max size of debian-astro-commits messages

Dear all,

As I am moderating the debian-astro-commits mailing lists, which
receives all or git commits, I often see large or very large commit
messages.

The limit is currently set to 40KB. I think I should increase the limit
to at least 200KB, and still allow manually larger messages which are
not spam.

Also, I'm wondering what are the consumers of these messages. Is it
important to someone to receive all this traffic? Whenever someone
commits a new upstream release, that can mean hundreds of large messages.

What do you think?

Kind regards, Thibaut.